Thursday, February 15, 2007

Meditations

I've been reading through the new testament for a class I did in fsm. I have been paying special attention to Jesus' interaction with peter. I never really noticed how 'harsh' jesus was with him. I put quotations around that because obviously he was seriously tender to save him, restore him, call him all the great things he did. But back to my point...I have been watching how peter responded to the Lord's criticism. I mean that had to be HECK-OF scary. I get freaked out when stuart talks to me...but to have Jesus call you satan...that had to hurt crazy bad. But peter was so repentant. He didn't despise the Lord's correction. He wept when he found himself a failure (denying jesus after promising to follow him 'even unto death'). Then if you get a little further you get to watch paul smack the heck out of peter. Still peter seems repentant and humble...I want to be like peter. I mean, I haven't swayed an entire church to hypocrisy...nor do I want to...but I want to find that place of vulnerability that causes me to just trust the Lord's discipline and discipleship.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! yay! glad you found me!