Sunday, March 11, 2007

Grace grace in the marketplace

I've been struggling a lot recently with the intensity of transition I am under. I am leaving what seems to be the greatest calling there is (IHOP...or a life focused entirely around prayer and fasting) to work. Ironically the world demands a greater sense of maturity than the church. This might sound odd, but hear me out!

See I get cussed out at work at least 4 times a day. But in the midst of getting severely mistreated, I am expected to forgive them in the moment of pain and offer them grace. Mostly I want to cuss back and throw stuff back, but I find my back is against the wall right now. I'm not sure what exactly I have transitioned in to. You see, the church is different. BLESS GOD FOR THAT! When someone gets mad at me they still want me to offer them the same grace, but the holy spirit inside of them only allows them to get away with so much...like I haven't been completely manifested on at church in a pretty long time. So generally they repent. But not just that, if my own propensity to weakness does cause me to respond in an ungodly manner I am offered grace in return..i.e. forgiveness.

I've been praying for christians in the marketplace ever since i realized how extremely difficult it is.

1 comment:

tracy enos said...

I'll definately be praying for you my friend :)