Friday, March 16, 2007

May I have a heart that burns

I hung out with someone the other day who has openly decided to 'chill out'. They feel they've taken the christian life too serious, and in their disillusionment they have decided to take a step back.

I talked to them about how resigning the fight doesn't mean satan will stop throwing punches, and that you can't take a break from intimacy without losing it, and every other key point I could think of, but in the end...their decision remained. They were taking a break.

I realized sometimes how i've secretly decided to take days off. That the blows I take overwhelm me and I try to run to a refuge outside of God. There is no such refuge and there is no comfort in running away. Stand therefore!!!

May I never resolve to anything less than everything. "This is no sacrifice...here's my life." (thank you jason upton!)

Abba, please give me a heart that burns.

No comments: