Wednesday, March 21, 2007

jewel of wisdom

So I'm reading Hind's Feet on High Places right now. I'm usually not a fan of allegories, but this one is moving my heart. I am trembling as I read this sucker. It has a lot to do with the fact that the Lord sent me on a personal journey through song of solomon (which is clearly the primary influence of this book)...and the random psalms sung throughout it.

So anyways...I found a jewel of wisdom I'd like to share with y'all. We all know it, it's just a helpful little reminder.

She is talking to the Shepherd about the beautiful flowers in far off lands that no one gets to see. She confessed to him that she felt as though the beauty of these flowers was being wasted. It's his response where the wisdom lies (of course)...remember...this is an allegory!!

"Nothing my Father and I have made is ever wasted," he said quietly, "and the little wild flowers have a wonderful lesson to teach. They offer themselves so sweetly and confidently and willingly, even if it seems that there is no one to appreciate them. Just as though they sang a joyous little song to themselves, that it is so happy to love, even though one is not loved in return."

Isn't that so beautiful? Ahh...it moves my heart.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog a couple weeks ago. I didn't know you were a blogger until I saw that. And you're right...I did need to update my blog. If you haven't been back to visit for a while, I did finally get around to posting. I just made a big announcement, so check out our news!
I still want to hang out with you sometime. (Remember, we talked about that, like, months ago?) I will attempt to get my act together and give you a call sometime, eh?
Blessings,
Sarah

Victoria said...

Ahhh...congrats!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you. As for hanging out...cool. sounds good. call me, yes.

Anonymous said...

Isn't G-d so much smarter than us.

Victoria said...

hey, anonymous, you're fired. just kidding....who are you???

And yes...yes God is good. ahhh..

Amanda said...

Hind's Feet on High Places is a fantastically good book. And yes, that quote is killer.

I'm counting down the days until I graduate, can have an outside life again, and make it over to your place again, once in a while at least... *sigh*...

You rock, by the way. :) Keep on keepin on...