Monday, March 5, 2007

Semi-somewhat not so much job offer

So I tried to quit my job at walmart a couple of days ago. Yeah, I had a real bad day and my job sucks. I wrote up my two weeks and was walking back to turn it in when a manager found me and talked me out of it. He offered me a raise, a better position with half the flippin' work, and full time. He told me to come in today to get started. Sounds really irresistably good, right?

So today I go in a bit early to discuss my new job with him and get all the paper work done, when to my dismay I found out he actually has no authority to make such hefty promises. And that in fact he was asking for a serious favor from his friend in the other place, who actually has no room to add another person just yet. But it sounds like he did talk his friend into it and I won't start for another week, nor am I getting a raise.

So he told me today he is 90% positive this is COMPLETELY squared away. Yeah, he's really optimistic. Good guy. I will wait till I get another job before putting in my two weeks....but I'm not gonna like it. :)

No comments: