Sunday, March 4, 2007

To Whom Shall I Go?

God, I need to hear from you
My soul is looking for another
I need a love that will satisfy
Hold me before I wander


I’m torn between the options
Of what I do not know
I just know I’m searching
I’m looking for a home


I feel like an orphan
In a family with a father
I feel like I’m divorced
And you’re my priestly lover


No matter how surrounded
I always feel alone
No matter how tight you hold me
The night still seems so long


Help me – I’m so weary
Hold me – I’m so afraid
Leave not my side forever
You’re the only one whose stayed


I need to know you
Because my ideas are all wrong
I need to find you
In the place that I belong


I need to stay there
Despite all the pain
Let your tears wash me
And rid me of this shame


To find your forgiveness
Then truly love my brother
Walk the Sermon on the Mount, kid
Oh, just a little bit longer...


It’s only a vapor
Then, Lord, you’ll return
You’ll restore everything
Then here I’ll find my home


You’re the King of the ages
The glory of all I know
The only one I worship
To you I lift my soul


You leave me standing
When I know I should kneel
You are so humble
That you hear my appeal


I’m nothing compared to you
yet somehow we are one
You gave me your kingdom
then I inherited your Son


--Victoria Harms

3 comments:

tracy enos said...

that last stanza is really powerful!

Victoria said...

thanks. i seriously wept hard the entire time i was writing that. when i put down my pen i just layed down with my hands out and thanked him. he for real gave me that stanza.

Anonymous said...

Victoria,
I was truly moved by this entry of yours. Desperation to be His...something I know only too well. Thank you for sharing this deep place of your heart. Keep writing...pouring out your heart to the only One who knows.
It's good to be in touch with you!