Saturday, March 3, 2007

I'm mistreated

And that's so not personal news. Because as Mike Bickle so kindly taught us..."if you are not mistreated right now, then you are probably mistreating someone else...or you are about to mistreat or be mistreated"

That's so true. Today at work I pitched a serious inner tantrum. Inside I was - no joke - in my heart of hearts I was lying down on the floor kicking and screaming. I had had enough.

This season has been defined by mistreatment for me. I've lost almost everything on false accusations. It's not hard to get something on me, but the Lord had tried to teach me a thing or two about humility. My roommate and I were talking the other night about how badly I've been mistreated this year. I realized that in the end the Lord isn't going to ask me what they did to me, or validate my actions because I was mistreated....he's going to ask me if I loved well. He'll ask me if I forgave well. At some point it can no longer be about who did what to whom or how, but how was my heart in the midst of it.

Don't get me wrong I seriously have done my fair share of mistreatment and the Lord has talked to me about that too....as in did I repent well.

Anyways...I'm learning that at the end of the day he cares how badly I am hurting and is faithful to see me through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen.