Saturday, March 17, 2007

Intimacy for real

I love communion. I mean, the actual flesh and blood. To take it alone means I get to remember my salvation...and be thankful. To look upon the oath I made to him and focus on his oath to me and partake of the elements...to eat his flesh and drink his blood. Now that's intimacy. For real...you can't ask for much more than that.

Then with a community means we together, as one body, can stand together in unity over one thing...the cross. To look upon the one man that binds us together and coporately offer our lives back to him wholly in dedication. To proclaim in front of one another that we still believe...we still stand...and most importantly...we still say yes.

Ahh...I love communion. I miss it. It's been awhile and I must confess...I am having withdraws. I know it sounds weird, but it's been such an important part of my salvation. When I first got saved, Kyle used to have a little house church where we would take communion together every thursday. Then I would take it with a couple of friends once a week, then Jared's little prayer room team, then by myself everyday. I haven't in awhile though...and I miss it terribly...so here is my public declaration...I STILL SAY YES! Yes, and I'm thankful for the cross. I'm thankful for mercy. I'm thankful for Jesus. I say yes...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Victoria! I fully agree with 100%b of that. My brother says, "it's impossible to take communion with others and not experience community, it's automatic to love those you take the body and blood with..."
I love how you put your thoughts on this.

I am so sorry about not coming tonight! I realized I had a 1am commitment and no car, so it made for a couple complications, but I hope it was wonderful, and when I am here long term again, and of course this summer, we will have many a sunday gatherings, I was so honored by your kind invitation, Bless you dear sister and have a wonderful night lovin Jesus!

~breez

Victoria said...

ahhh...was wondering what happened. the no phone thing makes communication hard, huh? yes....until later. hope you had a good night.